DATE AND QUALIFICATIONS
DATE: Wednesday, May 30th, 2018
REGISTRATION FEE: $60.00
PLACE: Pasadena Convention Center 7902 Fairmont Parkway, Texas 77507 (281) 487-4331
TIME: There is no morning check-in. Weigh-in will start at 12:00PM and ends at 2PM sharp. YOU MAY NOT BEGIN FISHING UNTIL 5:30 AM AND YOU MUST BE IN LINE BY 2PM WITH FISH IN HAND FOR WEIGH IN! NO EXCEPT IONS!
QUALIFICATIONS: All participants, to be eligible for this competition, trophy awards, cash awards and door prizes, must be a full-time, part-time, reserve, retired Peace Officer, Fireman, Military, Corrections or EMT personnel, or civilian guest (three per boat), providing one (1) team member meets the qualifications to fish in the tournament. Note: Corporate sponsors may fish without a first responder in the boat.
NOTE: Anyone who has guided in the last 2 years, or is currently working as a guide, is eligible to participate in the open division only. (See attached for details on the OPEN).
TEAMS: Teams will consist of up to 4 persons. Boats with more than 4 persons are eligible for individual awards only.
REGISTRATION: The attached registration form must be mailed in or delivered before Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018. Registration fee will be $60 per person. No money will be refunded after Friday, May 25th, 2018. Any registration received after Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 will only be accepted with a $5 per person late fee and will be accepted until tournament day. If you do not know who will fish with you, register your boat and send your entry fee before the deadline. You may fill in your team member’s later.
WEATHER: Due to the logistics of a tournament this size, it is almost impossible to reschedule due to weather. But, if the weather gets to a degree of being dangerous the tournament will be rescheduled at a later date. Please keep the tournament directors Steve Brown and Epi Garza's phone numbers with you during the tournament hours. If we believe the weather could be a factor, we will be putting information on our phones with up to date information. If we do not answer, please take time to listen to the message. Please consider that the tournament is not just about fishing when decisions are made about cancelation and reschedule. Four hours of fishable weather will constitute a tournament.
****** If you register after deadline or on tournament day there is no guarantee that you will receive a T-shirt. ******
TOURNAMENT BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
Stephen Brown and Epi Garza (713)724-9939 or (832)646-9284
NOTE: ALL WINNERS MAYBE SUBJECT TO A POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION
1. Fishing will not start until 5:30 am, you may be on your fishing location, but you cannot start fishing until 5:30am.
2. Each boat is limited to no more than four anglers, including the skipper, for team competition. Boats with more than 4 anglers are eligible for individual awards only or the OPEN division.
3. All entry fees must be paid when you send in your registration form. You may fill in your teammates or make changes in boat information the morning of the tournament.
4. No one may hold your fishing spots.
5. There is no limit as to the area that may be fished, as long as it is in waters that are open to the public.
6. All fish must be submitted for weigh-in by 2:00 pm. If you are in line at 2:00 pm WITH FISH IN HAND, then you have made the deadline and your fish will be weighed. No exceptions!!! We will go by Verizon Cell Phone
Satellite time. Please allow time for unexpected delays getting back to weigh-in
7. Only fish caught during the tournament hours are eligible. All fish should be fresh and in an edible condition. Fish that have been frozen, gutted, or mutilated will not be eligible and the angler attempting to weigh a fish that is not legal will be disqualified along with team members.
8. Any fish weighed must be legal according to the laws of the State of Texas.
9. Although it is legal to retain and tag a Red Fish over 28 inches, for the purpose of this tournament a tagged Red Fish will not be accepted. (Slot reds only 20'-28')
10. Only one Speckle Trout per fisherman over 25 inches can be weighed into the tournament whether it is for the team or individual event.
11. All fish entered are subject to inspection and seizure by the Tournament Judge after dissection and/or Tory meter if the Judge feels that the need is necessary.
12. All fish must be caught on rod and reel. Each team member may only fish with one rod and reel at a time.
13. Any participant found to be in breach of tournament rules will be disqualified and will forfeit all fees and awards.
14. Protests must be filed with the Tournament Judge by 2:30 pm.
15. Pooling or transfer of fish is strictly prohibited.
16. When a tie exists, with respect to weight, then the first fish/stringer weighed in will be declared the winner, unless the Tournament Judge rules otherwise.
17. The Tournament Directors decision will be final.
18. All anglers must have a current Texas Fishing License and Saltwater Stamp.
19. All team members must be in sight of each other during the tournament hours while fishing.
20. If fishing with a boat the entire team must use only one boat.
21. TEAM COMPETITION: Each team will weigh their choice of up to five (5) legal specks they have caught. You must choose the five (5) legal Specks you wish to weigh prior to coming to weigh-in. We will not weigh all of your fish and let you choose the heaviest. You may only use a fish one time for one category. (Example: If you weigh a trout for Team it cannot be used for any other category.)
22. All fish will be measured in accordance with TPWD rules on measuring fish. (Check it stick) Pinching of tail to get maximum length will be in place according to TPWD guidelines.
23. If you weigh a fish in any other tournament and your fish is kept, this fish will not be weighed in the First Responders Tournament unless you have the fish in hand at weigh in.
24. Kayak fishing will be considered wade fishing. So all participants must be within 100yds of each other if fishing in the team event.
NOTE: ALL WINNERS MAYBE SUBJECT TO A POLYGRAPH EXAMINATION